DISCLAIMER

DISCLAIMER: This blog is being used to help me deal with the passing of our daughter Emelina, whom was delivered stillborn on Feb 21. These are MY feelings and I will not be sorry for having them.

Thursday, January 9, 2014

The myth of parenting after losing a child....




Honestly one of the best articles written on parenting after losing a child. I can honestly say I was the parent that pulled back because I had no choice it was my way of coping . 18 months later I had to become the "parent"...not easy for anyone of us. I can tell you it is not for the weak, or for someone with less determination. I have learnt many not so pretty things about myself,(learnt more today) but I would not change it. 

I have some pretty amazing people that are by my side when I ask and when I don't. I have had to change my career path, our family path and my life path. But not for one moment do I ever stop trying because at the end of the day are children are blessing and we have no idea what tomorrow brings. Trust me, I have some days I question everything. I made it this far why stop now...



2 comments:

Diana Stone said...

I wrote this article - and the thought that it was relatable to others gives me great peace. Thank you for writing what you did. I am so very sorry we are all in this really crappy boat, but so thankful for women who continue to write about it - like you. xo

Diana

Dany Kal said...

Thank you Diana.
I am so relieved that I am not the only person that feels this way... Sometimes grief is so lonely.