DISCLAIMER

DISCLAIMER: This blog is being used to help me deal with the passing of our daughter Emelina, whom was delivered stillborn on Feb 21. These are MY feelings and I will not be sorry for having them.

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Mother's Day Recap

I really wanted to avoid and ignore Mother's day this year but it is very hard to do that when Cat was over the moon excited with what she had made at school. My day started with a healthly breakfast of toast and fruit made by Cat and her gifts, a rock painted as a lady bug, a tea pot card with a tea bag and a box of her toys that she was giving me, she is quite a sweetheart.

I spent the rest of the day doing what I wanted to which was hiking up to Lindeman Lake...I have had tons of friends do it and decided that we should do it, so my 18 year old brother and Mom joined us in our trek. We had a fantastic time with only a few injuries...Cat feel right at the beginning and scraped her knee, I have weak ankles and rolled it and feel...nothing but a few scraps for me and the injury that topped the all was my crazy husband decided to climb up a rock and fell....bruised his had and scrapped his ankle quite good. It was such a peaceful day, we ended up finishing it up with a trip to DQ and then dinner which I made using up some leftovers and chicken thighs.

Over all it was a better day then I thought it would be...I got a sweet text from my friend K as well as a few nice messages from friends on Emelina's Memory Page on Facebook. I am so thankful to have such considerate friends. I am struggling with thought that I need to be more upset then I am...I am not avoiding my feeling or am forgetting about Emmie, I am just finding that with the craziness of our lives right now that my sadness is not the focus right now...not sure if that means it is being but on the back burner or if simply it is starting to decrease.

 Here are some pictures of our wonderful day:
On the way to our hike

At the start (missing my mom)
Cleaning up Cat's scraps


Mariusz and Cat hanging out in the rocks



A butterfly came to visit and landed on Mariusz

Mom, Cat and the Mad Dog along the trail
Mariusz's scrap

Last but not least...My Mom aka Nan and Cat



 

1 comment:

Tesha said...

I am glad you made it through and were blessed! I love the sweet pictures :)