DISCLAIMER

DISCLAIMER: This blog is being used to help me deal with the passing of our daughter Emelina, whom was delivered stillborn on Feb 21. These are MY feelings and I will not be sorry for having them.

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Week 9 of this Journey

As I headed into today the only thing I knew for sure was I had a 2 hour dental appointment...What happened today shows that finally the sun is peaking through the Storm....it has started to let up and is no where close to stopping but I say a ray of sunshine...and what was that ray.........................

Well after my dentist appointment I got a call from the branch manager at the branch I was hoping to work at....so on June 4 or 5th depends on my schedule which I will find out next week I will be heading to the branch on Whatcom Road. I am OVER THE MOON, I had the opportunity to work at this branch right before my world changed and it was AMAZING best group of people I have ever worked with. Now for all my coworkers who are reading this I LOVE YOU ALL but this is chemistry I have yet to see anywhere else.  My branch manager was so sweet on the phone telling me she normally does not call on leave but with it going out region wide tomorrow she thought I should know first..haha! What she didn't realize is once I finally stepped back into the bank last week...I feel at home not afraid like I was...I am NOT ready to go back full time and deal with the stresses by brain is just getting use to dealing with every day life but I miss the people...so next week I am going to pop by for a visit and to get all the details...because I agreed without knowing the schedule...OOP. ;-)

I have worked for my bank for the past 4.5 years and have had the MOST AMAZING women mentors and have made some very important connections...I have been blessed while working for this company to have been sent on an AWESOME cruise, sent to TORONTO to see a PGA golf tournament, given the opportunity to work with the Fraser Valley United Way and most importantly they donated $400 in Emelina's name to the BC Children's Hospital. This company and these people make me so proud to be apart of them.

Want to know the first thing I thought when I got off the phone....I need to buy new SHOES...then I started to think about Cat's afterschool and summer care and last but not least....best be working my butt off in the gym...this is a new branch so they do a TON of door knocking and the last time I was given an out because I was pregnant not so much now....

As I am re-reading this I start thinking I have 3 main groups of friends....my BFF's from high School they both live in Alberta and I see them usually once a year....then there are my MOM friends whom I met through various mom's groups and my WORK friends who I won't know what to do without them...I have been in contact with my Mom's friends as I post a lot about K, J, and M....my BFF's I facebook and have planned a WEEK long camping trip with one (can't wait...last year we did 4 days and all decided it was not enough, so this year they are coming BC side...next year they get to decide...Mariusz is already thinking of ways to convince them to go stateside). The one group that I have been lacking is my work friends other then S (whom we moved past work friends a few years ago) I have not been in contact with simply because they would have been too much...but slowly I am ready to go forward.

Now that I am so off topic of  week 9 let me go back.....

This week is the 2 month angelversary of my dear Emmie, and I have decided to not sit at home and be sad instead a group of friends and family will be meeting at my girlfriends home on Saturday to put together Emmie's memory book. I am so not crafty...I have great ideas and need someone else to put them into place...so I got together my crafty friends to help make Emmie's book as AMAZING as she was.

As I continue on this journey (when I am not angry) and am thankful to be surrounded by amazing women to help me through my pain and sadness, without them I wonder were I would be.....I may be a strong women but I am only strong because of the strength they give me. We normally hold a Annual BBQ in the summer for our friends just because I love to entertain. This year I think this BBQ is going to be a THANK YOU for all the amazing friends who have helped us....and looky here July 21st is a Saturday I am hoping that our garden will be in full bloom by then.

3 comments:

Tesha said...

Hi I found you at Kelly's. I am so sorry you had to say goodbye to sweet Emelina, it is so hard. I said goodbye to my Jonathan 1-24-12, it has been the worst trial of my life. I like your warning, I feel I should put it on some of my post. If you need any resources for things to put in her memory box let me know I have gotten a few things I love form baby loss web sights. Hugs sweet mommy saying a prayer for your hurting heart.

Maria said...

I just wanted you to know that I am so so sorry for your loss.

Dany Kal said...

Thank you Ladies