DISCLAIMER

DISCLAIMER: This blog is being used to help me deal with the passing of our daughter Emelina, whom was delivered stillborn on Feb 21. These are MY feelings and I will not be sorry for having them.

Monday, April 30, 2012

Someone you know.....

In the past 3 days we have meet so many people who have experienced a loss whether it be at the beginning, middle or end as I have.

The statistics for loss is 1 in 4....I had no idea that the loss number was so high as well as how many people have experiences some sort of loss....it could be that parent on your son's baseball team, your neighbour, your banker or even that miserable client that just yelled at you....I have always lived with the focus that no matter how miser bale someone is to be I was think..." I wonder what happened to make them that miserable" ...let me tell you in the first 10 days of my loss I went through multiple drive thru's with tears pouring down my face. Every time someone asked me " How my day was..." I wanted to say horrible...instead I said okay and hoped that they would stop talking to me.
Until, Emmie passed away I had no idea really about stillbirths and although I know that there was always a risk I NEVER thought it would be me and when people tell me about there loss' I would never expect that they had gone through it was well.
Loss of a baby is something people don't openly discuss and I am vowing to change that....a loss of a baby should not be something that is hidden. I am very determined to establish my own foundation here in Canada that will provide families...grandparents, fathers, children and mom's a network to be able to connect as well I am looking to work to provide Canadian facts etc...all information is all done through the states.


No comments: