DISCLAIMER

DISCLAIMER: This blog is being used to help me deal with the passing of our daughter Emelina, whom was delivered stillborn on Feb 21. These are MY feelings and I will not be sorry for having them.

Thursday, April 12, 2012

PROUD...

Today, I had my 4 week check up with my trainer, Tanja Shaw, is fantastic and soooo worth the money. I have lost 4.5 inches overall,  I had a fitness test today and I ROCKED IT!!

                     First Visit                                    This Visit
Push ups         12                                                 25
Plank hold      12 sec                                           32 sec
Wall Sit          30 sec                                           35 sec
.5 mile Run     7.30 Min's                                     6.00 Min's ( I don't have a the exact number but this is close)

So happy, my weight stayed the same but I am not worried it will catch up, it is amazing to see so much success in just a few weeks. I know in another 4 I am going to rock it even more...the running is going to be tough but the rest I know I can double.

I have never been super dedicated to working out as I have always had tons of excuses and with being off until June and having Cat in school with nothing super important to do other then this makes it easy to focus.  I think that this has been the real reason that I am starting to feeling better, it makes me get out of the house and I can take out my frustrations etc while I am running. It also makes me use my focus and determination...let me tell you on the days I want to sit at home and be lazy the fact that I want to feel good makes me get out. I got out 2x over the Easter weekend and I totally thought I won't.

She also changed up my program with much more difficult and is going to push my core, but I am so excited to get started tomorrow.

If I can give any bereaved mom any advice I would recommend finding an outlet and if it can be fitness I say go for it because you will see both physical and mental changes.

Now off to soak my sore body...a hike, a fitness test and 20 minutes on the elliptical tonight has my body done.

No comments: