DISCLAIMER

DISCLAIMER: This blog is being used to help me deal with the passing of our daughter Emelina, whom was delivered stillborn on Feb 21. These are MY feelings and I will not be sorry for having them.

Monday, April 23, 2012

Is it stronger or weaker......

our relationship, is a question we have been asked and here is where we sit 10 weeks later...................


"You don't marry someone you can live with, you marry the person who you cannot live without"

Stronger then I thought we could be, some reasons why

His silliness.... when it is not driving me crazy.....
Always my BEST TRAVEL PARTNER....
this was taken at Great Wolf Lodge in January

An Amazing Father...always willing to create something...
This is Cat's Car they made one Sunday


An amazing partner, super supportive and fun loving
Our Vegas trip right before we decided to get pregnant with our second in June 2011
I was speaking to my friend K about are relationship, and she noted that we seemed much more together then we had in the past. We by far are not perfect and neither is our relationship but want I can tell you is that we are closer then ever before. We have been together for 10.5 years and have gone through ups and downs, but our friendship and love always brings us back.

I don't think I truly knew how much I loved my husband until we started this journey. He has never judge, never once been angry with me over my grief or the loss of Emmie. He has driven me nuts over his concern, he has ignored my hints when I am having a rough day (so I am much more vocal now), but he is here for me at midnight when I lose it or is over cautious when I am feeling ill and makes me go to the clinic. He most importantly is there for Cat when I CAN'T be, he made Easter fun for Cat but was supportive of the fact that I couldn't be. He has shred tears over Emmie in front of me and supported me when I have as well. I am so lucky to have found him 10.5 years ago at a creek in Mission BC.


A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, and always with the same person. - Mignon McLaughlin

2 comments:

Julie said...

Hi! I noticed when I was playing around on my blog stats that you had stopped by mine. I thought I'd pop over and visit yours. Im so sorry for your loss. And like you said you have no reason to apoligize for any way that you grieve. Im so glad that you have a supportive hubby holding your hand through your dark journey.
Im going to follow your blog and journey with you.
PS I am in now way saying that my sisters situation is the same as yours but my sister lost a baby in July. He died of SIDS. You might find her blog intersting as shes a grieving momma too. Her address is littleflowinglips.blogspot.com

Tesha said...

I am so very happy you linked up. This is a beautiful post!!! I agree I feel closer to my husband than ever, every thing you said I could say amen to. There have been some rough patches though. I have gone through a few pretty dark angry days but he is so loving and gracious. Easter was hard for me also, I had huge expectations on me and had to "perform" but inside I was miserable. I am so thankful to have found you, our losses are very close, I hope we will walk this path together :) hugs and prayer coming your way.