DISCLAIMER

DISCLAIMER: This blog is being used to help me deal with the passing of our daughter Emelina, whom was delivered stillborn on Feb 21. These are MY feelings and I will not be sorry for having them.

Friday, April 27, 2012

Grieving

As I was driving today I was thinking about how far I have come, how many hurdles I have jumped and where I am now...and how proud of me I am that I am not hiding from anything...which is so easy for me to do.It got me thinking how easy it is for people to judge you on how you grieve. I know that I come across to some as being okay and moving along the path quickly...the thing is I am not moving along the journey quickly I am just making myself join life and see some sunshine. I have to for my mental health,  so I can go back to work and most importantly for my daughter who hates to see me sad and crying.

I read a lot....I mean a lot...and I read about other women and the grief they have gone through or are going through and I realises how easy I can think well you should....blah, blah...and then I think NO...each one of us needs different things on this journey and I NEED to respect and support them, with kind words, virtual hugs and most importantly my positive thoughts. I have always said that I was going to be come a better person going through this experience and already I am...I have pledged to become less judgemental and focus more on supporting my friends and family members anyway I can...

1 comment:

Tesha said...

That is really beautiful, I know Jonathan has made me less judgmental. I love online support and try to recognize that we are all different people and relate to grief differently....but we all need love and support. I always say I will be a better person because of Jonathan, when I get to Heaven I want to be able to tell him YOU made me better :)